Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 2' Gage Forney Blueprints Available?

February 16, 2008 09:36AM
Kelly, my bro,
Do I hear beginnings of the development of a new production engine at Lancaster Locomotive Works? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maybe the way to go is to get a set of Baldwin blueprints. Right there in PA you have two unsorted truckloads of drawings which probably have everything you need. Knowing the work of dad (Ted Anderson-IRM Pullman Library Curator) which is posted time to time at RYPN, sorting through a boxcar or two of old drawings takes time but does lead to amazing finds. His goal was to rebuild a B&M wood cafe-coach and has found many of the drawings for that project.
It looks like in PA you have information for post 1904 engines, but maybe more. That would include SR&RL 2-4-4T engines 8, 9, and 10.

PA State Archives-MG-427 - Series D

Then again, maybe you are lucky and everything you need is already filed and ready for reproduction at the Degolyer Library.

Degolyer Library Baldwing Locomotive Collection

I would be in no hurry in either case. Did you contact the folks at Portland and Phillips ME? I have heard WW&F has their sights on constructing a 2-6-2 after rebuilding the #9.

Best of Luck,
Olin Anderson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2008 09:38AM by o anderson.
Subject Author Posted

2' Gage Forney Blueprints Available?

Kelly Anderson February 16, 2008 06:33AM

o anderson February 16, 2008 09:36AM

christensenge February 16, 2008 09:38AM

Eric Bolton February 16, 2008 09:51AM

o anderson February 16, 2008 11:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login