Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RIO GRANDE CAR IN DESERT?

June 04, 2001 10:40PM
It is currently located in Thompson, Utah (between Green River, Utah and Grand Junction, Colorado). I twas supposedly moved there as a private residence in the 1940's after being bought by an individual in town from the D&RGW. The railroad was "cleaning up" their right of way and this car had been being used as a section house / bunk house at Sagers siding, near the Colorado/ Utah state line.It is definetly of narrow gauge demensions, with a clestry roof. I have taken alot of photos and hope to get them developed this week. It seems to be a real early car of some kind, but nothing on it says Rio Grande. The paint is almost all gone, and seems to be a dark yellow / orange color. It has six windows down the side of it, all small square windows with a small tin "peak" eve above each one. It had lettering in the center of the car under the windows in large Eight inch letters, but only a few are legible, Then under that there are a few other small letters ( four inches high), near each end, under the windows are the letters 0799. The only other distinguishing feature about the car is that in the inside the carved arched beams that make up the cealing cross over the "celestry". Its all "wains coated" on the inside, but how much is original is unkown. Any clues or help appriciated. I'll figure how to post pictures later this week.
Subject Author Posted

RIO GRANDE CAR IN DESERT?

Rodger Polley June 03, 2001 02:13PM

ncng9 June 04, 2001 02:48PM

Rodger Polley June 04, 2001 10:40PM

Bill June 07, 2001 08:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.