Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Historic Aerial Photo Of Alamosa

December 09, 2007 02:24AM avatar
Greg -

On page 16 of Rio Grande Narrow Gauge - The Final Years, Alamosa to Chama by Joseph P. Hereford, Jr. and Ernest W. Robart, there is a map of the Alamosa yards with the various shop buildings, the roundhouse and transfer table, etc., clearly identified. This excellent book also contains several exterior and a couple of interior views of the shops in the mid-1960's.

Unfortunately, there is NO publisher info in the volume that I have other than:
"COPYRIGHT 2001"
"R/ROBB LTD."
"UNION CITY, CALIF"
"ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"
stamped at the top right corner of the inside front cover, so I have no idea where you might be able to find a copy.

- Russ

p.s. Ernie has lent me sixty (60! Count 'Em!! 60!!!) of his slides from the early days of the C&TS - 1970 through 1974 - which I am in the process of selecting, scanning and editing several for inclusion in Volume 2 of the "Help Save #483" screen saver: 'Narrow Gauge Over Cumbres - The Transition Years', which we hope will be available from Roger Hogan by mid-May, 2008. Six of Ernie's B&W photos from the above book appear in Volume 1 of the screen saver, along with more than two dozen each of Tom Gildersleeve's and John West's classic color photos from the early to mid 1960's and several of mine of the last D&RGW freights in August, 1968. If interested, see [www.drgw483.net] for further information.
Subject Author Posted

Historic Aerial Photo Of Alamosa

GMU December 04, 2007 08:40PM

Robin Warren December 05, 2007 06:01AM

jessica stacey December 05, 2007 06:39AM

Steve Thompson December 05, 2007 08:45AM

HOD Bill December 05, 2007 07:22PM

Re: Historic Aerial Photo Of Alamosa Attachments

Bob G December 05, 2007 08:51PM

Re: Historic Aerial Photo Of Alamosa Attachments

davegrandt December 06, 2007 11:38AM

Russo Loco December 09, 2007 02:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login