Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Still taking photos

November 22, 2007 05:42AM
Mike B.
Holy Moly, that's the equivalent of 36 rolls at 36 exposures. For 20 saves? Of which maybe 5 are of calendar quality, if you're lucky. Wow, digital photography has really changed the art of taking pictures. I used to turn on the tripod mounted video recorder, step back a few paces, and start exposing 35mm film at a rate that I thought was probably wasteful, but what the heck, you're 1500 miles from home, might as well overdo it than miss the shot of a lifetime, before I had to pay attention to the video, and pan the train by and off into the sunset, Pack everything back into the car, and beat the train to the next spot. I neither, Mike, never learned where and when the exact right time to click the shutter to get the right shot that friends, relatives, and fellow photogs will vote for pic of the year. If it wasn't so much fun recording the events with our eyes and ears, the drugery of photography of things we love would be work. Just think of the guy that took the photo below, that once he clicked the shutter, he had to load everything up on his burro and treck a few miles to his model T and hope that it will start-up with less than a couple of hand cranks. Otto had to get the right shot the first time because he couldn't just hold the shutter button down until the memory card filled up, and the artistry of photography will never be replaced with the ability to hold the shutter button for extended lengths of time, and picking out the best 20. But what does that matter to us amatures who leave home on limited vacation time and just want to record the fun we had chasing trains that should have been put out to pasture 50 years ago, going home with the memories stored safely away on the memory card. We've come a very long way since Otto shot that K-28, Eh?
Subject Author Posted

Still taking photos

michael November 18, 2007 04:34PM

Mike B November 20, 2007 06:02PM

michael November 20, 2007 08:07PM

michael November 20, 2007 08:32PM

Mike B November 21, 2007 04:22PM

michael November 21, 2007 04:40PM

Mike B November 21, 2007 08:02PM

michael November 21, 2007 08:07PM

geode November 22, 2007 05:42AM

Mike B November 22, 2007 06:17AM

michael November 22, 2007 11:14AM

michael November 23, 2007 10:39PM

michael November 28, 2007 09:40PM

michael December 01, 2007 06:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login