Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weed City

December 11, 2005 04:39PM
Back in the fall of 1970, several of us from Silverton went down to Chama to help out moving equipment and to play, I guess, but I got involved in helping out with the movie "Shoot Out" being filmed with Gregory Peck. I ended up on the caboose and we spent the day making full speed, downhill approaches to the depot, with lots of smoke, and seemed to miss the mark a good number of times. Peck had to alight from the train at just the right spot and finally he made it.
In the picture of the film crew, Peck is to the right of the depot in the black hat, and the other is of him on the platform taken from the caboose. We were told not to be seen, but I couldn't resist taking this shot. They fed us well with the film crew and the craft services were furnished by a caterer from Los Angeles. It was a sumptuous lunch served out in the field in front of the depot.
"Shoot Out" was a dud of a movie, but it was great to see being made, and Peck was truly a gentlemen. We chatted with him between takes as he sat on a rather nice looking horse. The movie opened and closed in record time at the Oakland (Calif) Paramount Theater, and I was in the Bay Area at the time and it closed so fast, I missed seeing it.
[static.flickr.com]
[static.flickr.com]
Subject Author Posted

Weed City

Fritz Klinke December 11, 2005 04:39PM

Weed City October 2005 *PIC*

roger hogan December 11, 2005 04:48PM

Re: Weed City

Chile John December 11, 2005 06:42PM

Fritz Klinke December 11, 2005 07:05PM

Kelly Anderson December 11, 2005 08:00PM

Chile John December 11, 2005 09:18PM

The movie

John West December 11, 2005 08:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.