Re: The "Mumblety-Peg" Loco in 'Mag-7' ... smileys with beer

July 26, 2012 06:57PM avatar
weston1879 Wrote:
========================================
> ... could you help me find a link to the Mag-7
> engine story?  What about the loco that was
> wrecked in Two Mules For Sister Sara?

Sorry for the delay, Weston -

First I had to pick up Bosco from the dog groomers.  Then I had to locate my copy of Mag-7 ('The Magnificent Seven').  Then I had to get a beer (watching Westerns makes me thirsty; watching Westerns filmed in Arizona and northern Mexico makes me REALLY thirsty, especially the scenes where a bunch of guys are on horseback, riding in each others' dust day after day ... )  Then I had to eject 'The Wrong Trousers', starring Wallace and Grommit in one of the best train-chase sequences ever filmed.  Then I had to load the Mag-7 DVD and find the mumblety-peg* scene and turn up the sound so I could hear the engine hissing in the background ...

It turns out that the (outside-framed 2-8-0) locomotive in Mag-7 was numbered '67' (at least for the movie), with its tender lettered 'FCI' (but the stock cars behind it are all lettered NdeM).  Luckily, I vaguely remembered this might actually have been engine #267, so I tried a search on 'only this forum' of 'all dates' for the subject '267' and found the thread beginning with [ngdiscussion.net] - on which I doobie leave ewe will find everything you ever wanted to know about the 'Mumblety-Peg* Engine' in 'The Magnificent Seven'.

- El Curmudgeono de los Locos Viejos y Verdes

p.s. The above search also located the thread beginning with [ngdiscussion.net] - the synopsis of a soon-to-be filmed semi-Western docudrama based on the events occurring at the Georgianatown Loop-de-Loop railway circa 2004-2006. The film will star Roger Wigwam as Robert Vaughn, Scott Turnover as Yul Brynner, Johnny Coal as Steve McQueen, yore's trooly as Borscht Kucholz, Clunk Westwood as himself (the mayor of a poor farming village), John Westwood (no relation) as an aging & curmudgeonly Toshiro Mifunniboni, and a certain notoriously evil person also as himself - an ugly bad guy.   (Just as 'Mag-7' was stolen almost scene-for-scene from 'Seven Samurai', C7 will be stolen nearly scene-for-scene from Mag-7. Also, due to the off-shoring of the American film industry to Asia [Bane Capital has a heavy investment in Bollywood], C7 will be filmed in Bangladesh using mostly native actors.  But do not despair - the Engrish subtitles wirr be added by highry-skirred tlansrators in Beijing and Honshu!!)

pps. As for 'Two Mules for Sister Sara', "I Know Nothing."   Also - based on the convoluted results of your current query - in the future you may wish to follow the advice of a Mr.(?) O. Anderson (see [ngdiscussion.net], above).     eye rolling smiley

* "Mumblety-peg also mumble-the-peg n : A game in which the players try to flip a knife from various positions so that the blade will stick into the [target]."

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 02:02PM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

Does Universal Studios still own a 3 foot gauge loco?

DAVE REYNOLDS July 26, 2012 06:58AM

Re: Does Universal Studios still own a 3 foot gauge loco?

o anderson July 26, 2012 07:53AM

DAVE REYNOLDS July 26, 2012 08:32AM

Re: Does Universal Studios still own a 3 foot gauge loco? Attachments

Stephen Peck July 26, 2012 10:52AM

weston1879 July 26, 2012 11:17AM

Re: Mag-7 Mumblety-Peg Loco?

Russo Loco July 26, 2012 02:13PM

dougvv July 26, 2012 11:17AM

WilliamDiehl July 26, 2012 01:01PM

Brian Norden July 26, 2012 06:46PM

DAVE REYNOLDS July 26, 2012 03:57PM

Andrew Brandon July 26, 2012 05:16PM

weston1879 July 26, 2012 05:18PM

Re: The "Mumblety-Peg" Loco in 'Mag-7' ... smileys with beer

Russo Loco July 26, 2012 06:57PM

Re: "Mumblety-Peg", (entirely OT)

Jim Grigsby July 27, 2012 01:39PM

Re: Mag-7 'Mumblety-Peg' scene w/ "FCI #67" ... thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco July 28, 2012 01:58PM

DAVE REYNOLDS July 26, 2012 05:23PM

mikerowe July 26, 2012 05:25PM

DAVE REYNOLDS July 26, 2012 09:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login