Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#315 Special this Sunday (7 Oct 2007) & video?

October 04, 2007 07:41AM avatar
Gentlemen,

A videographer acquaintance of mine has been hired by the local paper in Durango to shoot a bit of video footage of the #315 and interview people this coming Sunday (7 Oct 2007). Apparently there's going to be a special train for city officials and such to pat themselves on the back (deservedly in this case). As I understand it two videos are to be made from the footage, one is to be sent out onto the news wire for national use, the other is a longer piece that's going to be put onto the net for everyone to download.

Interviews, she's done before and wants to get as many of the restoration crew on camera as possible.

She's also going to be looking for people from out-of-town / out-of-state to interview about why they would travel to see the engine.

However, she knows nothing about trains.

So the question is; Is there anyone here who will be there, willing and able to help her find the right people to interview and/or possibly getting access to the roundhouse in the morning for the oil around and fire-up? Any chances of her getting a cab ride, even if it's just around the yard, to get footage of in-the-cab operations? If so please PM me your contact info and I'll give it to her so she can arrange things.

And if anyone has suggestions of shots she should try to get, shooting tips in general, or people she should seek out to interview, or questions that would be good to use in her interviews, please post it here and I'll forward the responses to her giving credit to the board.

Thank you all for your time in reading this,

Curtis F.
Subject Author Posted

#315 Special this Sunday (7 Oct 2007) & video?

Curtis_F October 04, 2007 07:41AM

Any more information about Sunday's run of 315?

Bill M. October 04, 2007 11:12AM

Re: Any more information about Sunday's run of 315?

Steve G. October 04, 2007 11:23AM

Fred Folk October 04, 2007 09:54PM

Chatzi473 October 05, 2007 02:03PM

Re: #315 Special this Sunday (7 Oct 2007) & video?

Curtis_F October 11, 2007 11:34PM

Re: #315 Special this Sunday (7 Oct 2007) & video?

Todd Hohlenkamp October 12, 2007 09:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login