Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D&S Fall Photo Special

Anonymous User
September 29, 2007 10:03AM
Hi all, I have had a busy week after a surprise filled 2-day train trip. I have been on a few of the Photo trips put on by the D&S but this one took the cake. First off we found no designated photo lines making it difficult to keep all photographers in line and out of others pics. A rather disorganized stop at Needleton tank forced some to stay onboard as the train backed to the siding for passing trains. I didn't keep track of time but it felt like about 90 minutes. Those of us that were left at Needleton tank were forced to run back and fourth as the passing trains came by. The topping on the cake came as we were let off at the Silverton Depot instead of running to the normal stopping point of 12th & Blair. Our B&B manager was outraged that we were not taken to the NORMAL drop off like last year. As morning came on Sunday it was still raining, so to avert catching cold, Deb and I decided to take the bus back to Durango and begin the journey home a few hours early. We will ride again, as we have never missed a Railfest. We look forward to a much more organized Photo Special come February. Shannon
Subject Author Posted

D&S Fall Photo Special

Anonymous User September 29, 2007 10:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login