Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

....a reminder..............

May 28, 2007 12:22PM
...a flight of F-16's just went screaming over my house, headed west to Ft. Logan Military Cemetery...where they will fly the 'missing-man' formation on this day...Memorial Day, 2007.
How wonderful it is that Mike Trent and Don Richter, and others have created this site where all of us can talk about our beloved narrow gauge railroads.
I beg each of you, to stop from your busy schedule, and just pause a moment to say...THANKS, to those who lie beneath while marker stones....who paid the price for our freedoms to post on a board like this.
Those heroes who paid the price for us....deserve, at least, a moment of thanks.
I am amazed how few fly the flag on this day when we are supposed to remember...and say thanks, for your own personal sacrifice.
How fat, dumb and happy we have become in this era of luxury and collecting...STUFF.
The tenders of the C&TS locos don't have a "Swastika,the Rising Sun, nor a red star, nor a hammer and cycle....nor an Islamic star and crescent".
If you don't have a flag to fly....could each of you just pause a moment, and say "Thanks".
We are blessed, but it was not free,..that what we enjoy today. Others paid the ultimate price.
It does not speak well for any of us to forget...what they gave us.
Take just a moment....PLEASE.
THANKS, to you who gave us what we have today.
"Lest we Forget"!
Subject Author Posted

....a reminder..............

Richard Boulware May 28, 2007 12:22PM

Re: ....a reminder..............

Dick May 28, 2007 12:49PM

Re: ....a reminder..............

Bill Donahue May 28, 2007 05:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login