Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Questions for the SVry Guys

May 18, 2007 06:35AM
Greetings you SVry guys.
I have one request and one question.
They request, I've admired the pictures and stories about the Sumpter for awhile. I've Looked at all the websites but I'm still not really sure where the SVry is located and what kind of terrain it runs in.
Since as I've become a fan of Google Earth could I kindly request that someone familiar with the whole railroad post some links to the current railroad, beginning and end; the grand plan for extension resonable in my lifetime and possibly the old points of the network.
You can now upload photos taken at specific location directly in Google Earth for the whole world to see. Could be a good marketing tool....
Now the question: I've seen reference to your dreams or sounds more like plans to build copies of the mallets. Are you aware that there were large numbers of mallets from Baldwin, Henschel copies of the Baldwins (in english threading) and Alco here in Brazil in meter and standard gauge?
I just bought a new book here in Brazil which is facinating about "Locomotivas articuladas" including Garrets, Mallets, Shays, Fairlies and such. It is in Portuguese with english picture captions. Cost about $25 paperback ISBN 85-86094-05-6 It is worth it for the pictures, diagrams, stats alone. I can help someone get a copy if not available through normal channels.
The good news is that there are a few meter gauge mallets preserved here somewhere. I don't know where and in what condition, not operating certainly. I'm new to the scene here but I will find out and visit them if possible. Seems like a good resource if you are seriously thinking about replication as far as measurements and parts as patterns. The preservation momement is alive and well here in Brazil, maybe they are open to strategic alliances....just a thought.
thor
a Colorado narrow gauger in Brazilian exile
Subject Author Posted

2 Questions for the SVry Guys

Thor Windbergs May 18, 2007 06:35AM

Re: 2 Questions for the SVry Guys

dand May 18, 2007 07:24AM

Re: 2 Questions for the SVry Guys *LINK*

DaveM May 18, 2007 01:40PM

Ed Stabler May 18, 2007 07:48AM

Skip Luke May 18, 2007 11:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login