Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Narrow Gauge Adventuresin Brazil *LINK* *PIC*

April 28, 2007 04:08PM
Dear Honourable NGDiscussion Members,
As Boulder born and raised Colorado Narrow Gauge railroader and fan, certain professional opertunities have led me to branch out my search for steam and narrow gauge from Colorado to Germany and now Brazil.
All I can say is that the steam gods have been kind to me. I've landed up at our Bosch plant here in Campinas, Brazil(about 2hrs inland from Sao Paulo). And it turns out the center for preservation of Brazilian narrow gauge is in this city. The ABPF (Assoc Brazilian Preservation Railroads) has preserved a 15mile coffee railroad in meter gauge.
They have pulled together an impressive collection of steam engines and rolling stock from a rare German 0-4-0 from 1895 to a 1925 Baldwin 3 cylinder pacific! I'm impressed it's like having the Colorado Railroad Mueseum, D&SNG, CT&S, E&BT, the 223, 268, 278, 315 and the Eureka all together in one place.
Imagine Baldwin built a meter gauge 3cyl. pacific in 1925 about the time Alco was building the 470's. I hope to get to see an hear this engine run. I bought a DVD which is a rough copy of video showing almost all of their engines running. I hope to produce some acceptable digital video in the future and will post on YourTube or what.
Question do you people have preferences or suggestions whether MyTube or YahooVideo or other sites are better for railfans?
I'll keep sharing as I explore the rr jewels here. Feel free to contact me. Sorry all of the websites are in Portuguese and I just started learning the language but maybe I can help them translate some of the stuff.
Warm regards to all you out there, special ata boys for the 315 crew, I wish railstar more luck than they are getting. Colorado and the RR community remains one of my best links to my home.
Thor
A Colorado Narrow Gauger in Exile
Subject Author Posted

Narrow Gauge Adventuresin Brazil *LINK* *PIC*

Thor Windbergs April 28, 2007 04:08PM

Re: Narrow Gauge Adventuresin Brazil *LINK* *PIC*

Thor Windbergs April 28, 2007 04:13PM

Re: Narrow Gauge Adventuresin Brazil *PIC*

Thor Windbergs April 28, 2007 04:22PM

Thor Windbergs April 28, 2007 04:25PM

Re: Narrow Gauge Adventuresin Brazil

Steve Singer April 28, 2007 04:35PM

Thor Windbergs April 28, 2007 04:52PM

Thor Windbergs April 28, 2007 04:53PM

Re: Narrow Gauge Adventuresin Brazil

Chester Louis April 29, 2007 06:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login