Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RyPN Update from Hume Kading

April 20, 2007 09:00PM
Dear RyPNers:
OK, first the bad news. As stated earlier because of threatened litigation against RyPN and the Board of Directors the decision has been made to pull the plug on the site. As soon as possible a formal business meeting will be convened with the sole purpose of dissolving the RyPN 501(c)(3) corporation, and the assets will be disbursed per the RyPN bylaws. We plan to refund contributions made to the site for 2007.
There's a lot more I could say about the above decision and the events that led up to it, but it's pointless. RyPN is gone and won't be back.
I very much regret this course of action. I wish to say thanks to all the people who worked on the site over the years, and who made contributions in whatever form. I am very sorry that we couldn't reward their efforts better than this.
OK, maybe some good news. The database for the Interchange is intact. It's not a problem to set it up somewhere else and get it going again. Other than endeavoring to reestablish the forum elsewhere, as a stand alone entity unafilliated with any group or organization, I will have no further participation in its operation and maintenance. My webmaster days are over.
But, if the BoD approves it, if I can find a place to host it, and at least start it up with the same high level of moderating that we've enjoyed over the years, I am willing to give it a shot.
I have a very busy work schedule and quite frankly this is a hassle I don't need. Give me a few days to try and work things out. As things develop I will post notices here on the RyPN home page.
Again, sorry it's come to this, but it is no longer feasible to keep RyPN online in its current format, but hopefully we can save the forums. The forums will remain locked until the situation is resolved one way or the other.
Sincerely,
Hume Kading. CEO
Railway Preservation News
Subject Author Posted

RyPN Update from Hume Kading

Erik Ledbetter April 20, 2007 09:00PM

Re: RyPN Update from Hume Kading

Bill Dennehy April 23, 2007 06:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login