Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bob Richardson *PIC*

March 07, 2007 10:11AM
Gordon Chappell directed me to this wonderful narrow gauge forum last night. I've read every one of your many great tributes and memories about my Uncle Bob. I've copied all of them along with the great photos some of you have posted, and will share them with our family.
My whole life,Uncle Bob was an endless source of history of not only Colorado narrow gauge, but eastern short line r.r., interurban lines and trolleys. His knowledge of American history was amazing to us. So many dinner conversations over great figures in American history and just about anywhere else in the world along with military campaigns and little known revolutions in far away places now renamed for the most part.
My railroad book collection fills our living room bookshelves, all with penned notes from Uncle Bob on the introductory page.Yes, I was converted to a railroad junkie and a narrow gauge groupie from the time I could first remember Uncle Bob telling me of this very far away place (Colorado and New Mexico) where he made his way to mountain passes and vanishing towns to photograph a rapidly disappearing part of railroad history.
We're working to put together a memorial tribute to be held in his Bellefonte PA late life hometown probably in April of this year. We're also planning on attending the tribute at the Colorado Railroad Museum in May. I'll pass along more details on this forum as they become known.Here is Uncle Bob's favorite photo.Taken in August, 1941, Newtown Mills PA of the Sheffield & Tionesta R.R.
Thank you ALL again for your great tributes!
Rick Tyler and family
Subject Author Posted

Bob Richardson *PIC*

Rick Tyler March 07, 2007 10:11AM

Re: Bob Richardson

Sam March March 08, 2007 08:56PM

PRSL March 09, 2007 07:37AM

Don Richter March 09, 2007 08:27AM

Herb Kelsey March 09, 2007 12:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login