Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Wish for the New Year

December 22, 2006 04:50PM
As I post this message, the first thing that comes to mind, is a wish to all those, like me who are invested in the preservation and success of the Colorado narrow gauge, and in other ng RR lines....that the new year might be one of continued preservation and success of these relics of our heritage which are so important to each and every one of us.
It is in this spirit that I must tell you that in the coming weeks or months, there is going to be some startling information that is going to be made public that could cause many to hit the panic button regarding the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR. I caution you to not jump to conclusions and start 'wringing your hands'! Often when a patient is very sick, there must be some pretty drastic surgery or chemotherapy that is necessary to save the patient. The goal here is to "Save the patient".
Six others and myself have been working on this problem for many months and it is close to coming to a head, with public exposure to the greed, graft, corruption and misappropriation of public funds which now dominate this, behind the scenes scenario, which unfortunately confronts us....and all those who love and want to preserve the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.
The C&TS belongs to the people of Colorado and New Mexico. The railroad is held in public trust for the owners, and to the history of western America in that sacred obligation.
I and others, were there at the beginning of this beloved railroad, and we feel an obligation to this endeavor...and to fight to protect her.
The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad can only exist and survive if it is owned, operated, maintained, and overseen by those who fully realize and understand this mission of public trust...and historic preservation.
Unfortunately, there are a few who see the C&TS as an object of their desire, and wish to operate and own it. This I submit is in opposition to the will of the people of CO and NM who have poured millions of dollars into this endeavor.
There are a few, who will spoil it for the masses who have nobly poured financial resources and hard labor in to this historic preservation project, in a good and noble cause. God Bless you each and all.
For the seven of us, I state without reservation that our goal is to focus the spotlight of truth and investigation on this whole sordid mess, that we might have a giant reckoning, that will provide for a future for the C&TS that is built on a foundation of bricks, and not upon a foundation of 'personal agenda' nor built upon a house of cards, and corruption. Only in this way, will the future preservation of the C&TS we assured as a national treasure.
I and the six others want the C&TS to prosper so that our children and grand children might enjoy it and learn of our grand transportation history in the wilds of Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado...via the narrow gauge rails of steel.
It is in this spirit that I make this post, asking for your prayers, patience and open minds as we proceed forward into the New Year.
Additional conversation from me, regarding this post will not be available, however I will be available to post on other subjects.
Thank you for your time, and may God Bless the C&TS and those who hold her preservation and good health in a sacred place in your heart.
Be open minded in weeks to come, and know that the truth will come out, and justice will be done.
Subject Author Posted

A Wish for the New Year

Richard "Bo" Boulware December 22, 2006 04:50PM

Re: A Wish for the New Year: Revelations Chapter 8

Dick Cowles December 22, 2006 09:16PM

Revelations Chapter 8

Harold Ratt December 23, 2006 07:40AM

Revelations Chapter 8

Harold Ratt December 23, 2006 07:42AM

Re: Revelations Chapter 8

Sammy D December 23, 2006 10:15AM

Re: Revelations Chapter 8

Fr.Fred December 23, 2006 10:41AM

Re: A Wish for the New Year

Antonito Slim December 23, 2006 02:28AM

I'm sorry but..

douten December 23, 2006 05:25AM

Re: I'm sorry but..

Steve Singer December 23, 2006 08:01AM

Re: A Wish for the New Year-addendum

Richard "Bo" Boulware December 23, 2006 11:10AM

Re: A Wish for the New Year-addendum

Steve Stockham December 23, 2006 09:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.