Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pacific Model Loggers Congress

November 19, 2006 03:30PM
>Hi folks - this post is only partially narrow gauge!
>
Unless I hit an e-snag I sould have the beginnings of the pacificmodelloggercongress.com website up by the end of the week.
Remember that Pacific Model Loggers Congress is the premier event of it's kind. There are many other very great logging events but our emphasis is on the re-creation and historical presentation of it in model form. Last year we had over 65 excellent models entered and we had many of the biggest names in the logging history fraternity in attendance. We've also had fantastic clinics by Bill Roy, Jeff Johnston, Steve Hauff, Phill Schnell, Clark MacAbee,
Highlights will be -
Tentative date Sat March 17th (Still to be confirmed with the Camp 18 boys)
An all-new lighting system for the models. There is nothing worse than building and bringing a nice model and no one can see the workmanship because of low (poor) lighting. This is one of the most important goals we have for 2007 and beyond.
Enhancements to the contest itself, including a better numbering system. 2006 we had a little trouble because of poor training on my part. That will NOT happen this year.
Commercial vendor tables are limited (as usual) and limited to one table per vendor. Rates will be the same as last year which (I think) were
Half table $20.00 Full table $35.00
Your copoeration will be needed next March in preventing early entry into the convention room (Prior to 9am). Because there are so many people, models and things to get ready and very little time to do it in, it can get very chaotic. Of course those with vendor tables will be allowed in earlier.
So far we only have one confirmed clinic - the one and only Merv Johnson, and he's got something great planned as always. I'm not concerned as there are only 2 model clinic spots and one more prototype spot left (we like to keep that balance in the clinics). If you have a clinic or suggestion please contact me.
It's modeling season and don't say we didn't warn you. Only 4 months left to get those contest and display models built. Remember that if you have won first place with a model at a previous Congress then it cannot be entered again in competition, but we encourage you to bring it as a display - We want to keep the model contest open and competetive - but the more models there the better!
Categories will be pretty much the same as last year (although I'm doing this from memory right now)
Steam motive power
Gas or other motive power
Speeder
Revenue rolling stock
Non revenue rolling stock
Skidder (also donkey, loader etc)
Log truck
Track layer
Other non-rail equipment
Structure
Diorama
Best of show
Make your plans now!
Your Logging Congress facilitators
Lon Wall and Jeff Johnston (who does not know I wrote any of this)
Subject Author Posted

Pacific Model Loggers Congress

Lon Wall November 19, 2006 03:30PM

At Camp 18? *NM*

dand November 19, 2006 03:37PM

Re: At Camp 18?

Lon Wall November 20, 2006 01:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.