Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG - Texas State RR Closing

October 30, 2006 05:42AM
This past weekend I rode the Texas State RR from Rusk to Palestine behind their Also RS2. My elderly parents and I were informed that the mighty state of Texas is fixing to shut it down Dec. 31st due to the same old problem of money.
Right now only 2-8-0 #300 is operational with their other engines red tagged or dismantled. 4-6-0 #201 has supposedly received a recent major rebuilding with no place now to go.
Right now is election time for the slot of Governor, maybe at the last minute the TSRR will get a reprieve. Also there is talk of turning it over to an independent operator. I heard a rumor of Charles Bradshaw being interested.
The TSRR under the Texas Parks and Wildlife always seemed like a wonderful place to me. State parks at both ends of the line that are nestled in our Big Thicket with the friendliest people that you've ever seen. Camping, fishing, hiking and all of the other family oriented fun as well as a taste of steam railroading.
There was a fundraiser concert last weekend, if I hear anymore I'll let ya'll know.
-little stan
Subject Author Posted

NNG - Texas State RR Closing

little stan October 30, 2006 05:42AM

Re: NNG - Texas State RR Closing

Duane Richardson October 30, 2006 08:31AM

Re: Texas State RR in the Movies

Pat October 30, 2006 12:07PM

Kenneth Cotton October 31, 2006 08:10AM

Re: Texas State RR in the Movies *PIC*

Jerry Halbert October 31, 2006 11:36PM

Casey Akin aka: kitBASHer November 04, 2006 08:53AM

cgw November 04, 2006 11:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.