Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ET&WNC steam weekend in NC. *LINK*

September 11, 2006 08:00PM
The Tweetise Railroad in Blowing Rock NC held thier second annual railfan weekend on Sep 9 and 10th for over 500 guest. It was my first time to visit the operation, and I was very impressed! While some may think of the Tweetsie as a "amusement park" I found it to be much more.
The park operates ET&WNC #12, and WP&Y #190. On Saturday #12 pulled a vintage EBT coach lettered for the ET&WNC recreating a local train, while the 190 handled the regular passenger train for the general public. Saterday evening saw the 12 preform several runbys after the park closed. On Sunday, the 12 and 190 doubleheaded the regular passenger trains. #12 was repainted to her 1930's ET&WNC scheme for the event, and the crews went out of thier way to make it an enjoyable weekend for the fans.
Even though the RR does not come under FRA juristiction, I douobt the FRA would have much to find wrong. Both locomotives are well maintained and operated by professional crews, and the track, bridges and shop area are outstanding. I have road over mainline track that was in worst shape!
Here is a link to 40 of my best shots from the weekend. Feel free to take a look.
[jreb.org]
E.M. Bell,
Salvisa, Ky
Subject Author Posted

ET&WNC steam weekend in NC. *LINK*

E.M. Bell September 11, 2006 08:00PM

Re: ET&WNC steam weekend in NC.

Tim Smith September 11, 2006 08:15PM

J. P. King September 11, 2006 08:20PM

E.M. Bell September 15, 2006 08:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.