Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't Pass up a Chance

August 26, 2006 09:04AM
This is an adjunct to the long thread below relating to Bob Richardson. I didn't want to include this in the flow of that conversation, so I'm treating this separately.
My paternal grandfather was a PRR passenger engineer running on the Kentuckian between Logansport, IN, and Louisville, KY. His career spanned 52 years.
But anyhow, my father was making a trip back to IN and I talked him into renting a tape recorder. An old railroad friend of my grandfather was included in the conversation, and there was a lot of "do you remember the day" type dialogue. Marvelous stuff. Those two old heads went back and forth for close to 2 hours. My father really didn't have to do much other than get the conversation started, and it rolled on its own from there.
On a more contemporary note, there was an auxiliary LP available with the "The Rattle and the Roar" LP's with nothing but an in cab interview with Ben Greathouse in the 483 on the C&TS while sitting in Antonito, CO. What added to the fun was the sound of the dynamo in the background.
What I am leading up to is the fervent wish that someone close to Bob Richardson can get him to sit down and just start talking about his experiences.
Anyone want to volunteer? We may not have unlimited time, considering Bob's age. I would hate to see this priceless oral history lost.
CJ
Subject Author Posted

Don't Pass up a Chance

Chile John August 26, 2006 09:04AM

Re: Don't Pass up a Chance

Jim Poston August 26, 2006 10:58AM

Re: Don't Pass up a Chance

Herb Kelsey August 28, 2006 05:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.