Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

last train robery attempt (NNG)

March 13, 2006 06:09PM
From Trains news wire
Attempted train robbery wounds 2 CSX employees
LaGRANGE, Ga. - A CSX freight train stopped in LaGrange Wednesday about 10:15 p.m. when engineer Sean Cagle of Roanoke, Ala., and conductor Otto Nielsen of Warm Springs, Ga., noticed a body lying between the tracks. Alighting from the locomotive to find out what happened, Cagle was instead confronted by a man with a gun, according to a story from WTVM-TV in Columbus, Ga. LaGrange is 75 miles southwest of Atlanta.
"I honestly think once he cocked that pistol, if I hadn't tried to take it away from him, he was going to kill me," said Cagle, who is recovering at the West Georgia Medical Center from a gunshot wound to the knee. "I really thank the good Lord for being here. I thought he [the man on the tracks] was dead."
"When I saw him move, I told him it's very dangerous out here and this is a good way to get killed and that he needed to move," said the engineer. Instead, the man demanded money and cocked his gun. Cagle lunged for the weapon and ended up on the ground.
"I took off out the door, and before I could get out there, he shot me," said Nielsen, who left the locomotive cab to try and help Cagle. Nielsen was taken to West Georgia Medical Center with superficial wounds.
The suspect escaped without any money before police arrived. Authorities say they aren't sure if the suspect planned this attack or if it was simply a crime of opportunity. Even if the perpetrator was successful, the two crewmen said they were only carrying a few dollars.
Subject Author Posted

last train robery attempt (NNG)

Douglas vV March 13, 2006 06:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.