Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1st bok "Civil Engineering for Outdoor Railroads" *LINK* *PIC*

January 03, 2006 03:24PM
Hi,
My book "Civil Engineering for Outdoor Railroads Volume 1" is now available. I got my first (and currently only) copy Friday December 30.
Man does it look good. I was so excited that it took until about 9 AM on Saturday before I could settle down enough to sleep
The book is somewhat targeted to live steam (3.5" gauge to 7.5" gauge) but the tables run from 3.5" to 42" gauge. I have the programs to calculate the super elevation required and the staking instructions for super elevation and easement in case I did not have what you wanted in the tables. These programs are free with the purchase of a book through my e-bay store (The publisher did not have a way to bind a floppy envelope into the book).
I have used the basic principles in this book for designs of N gauge, HOn3 Gauge, HO gauge, G gauge, 4.75" gauge, 7.5" gauge, 16" gauge, and 56.5" (standard) gauge designs. So maybe this book would be of help for smaller gauges also.
[douglasvanveelen.home.mindspring.com] has some information on the Civil Engineering book.
I am waiting for a call tomorrow from the publisher to see what I need to do about a press release and whatever else is needed.
Now I need to sell about 400 copies to get back my investment.
The book has an ISBN number 1-4208-7223-0 I was able to locate the book available (special order) at several booksellers including one in England who claimed their list price was about $35. Barnes & Noble had it listed.
My specified list price is $25.49. I am selling it at my e-bay store (Doug's Railroad Stuff) for $21.02.
I should be ordering 100-200 books this week and get them within the next few weeks to start shipping them.
Doug
Subject Author Posted

1st bok "Civil Engineering for Outdoor Railroads" *LINK* *PIC*

Douglas vV January 03, 2006 03:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.