Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THERE'S NO MONEY RESPONSE

October 30, 2005 09:42AM
In response to Scott Turner's 'There's no money' and 'want to think creatively, think about how to get more money', it's indeed a sad situation if all that is true. However, all this could have been predicted if RGRPC had a good accountant producing ridership and revenue forecast scenarios for them and the Commission, public and communities could have been alerted long ago. I mean if you get 20,000 riders this will happen, 30,000 this will happen, $3.00 gas this, an advertising budget of this, etc. etc. It's not rocket science. I can sit here 1,000 miles away and tell you what will happen just from the little bits of information I gleen from web sites and commentary. I could work up a forecast right now just from the little I know. Whats wrong wiht RGRPC? C&TSR survived the fire supression year, a year with only one locomotive, FRA embargo of their track and now they have three locomotives and major track and structure repairs have been made and now we are told they have to moth ball half the railroad and reduce operations. Your looking at the East Broad Top of the West or worse yet a jeep road from Antonito to Los Pinos and it was all preventable with better forecasting and management. They should have a sign on the Antonito and Chama stations posting ridership each day and cumulatively. The should be publishing revenue and expense forecasts monthly. RGRPC has apparently adopted the hunker down and hide mentality rather than being open and forthcoming about operations. There is no excuse for it, I don't care how hard they work or how much they care. It's not seeing the forest for the trees scenario. You can go on and on about this and make excuses until the cows come home. It doesn't change what is going on up there. Poor management, lack of foresite, lack of planning. It's not about money. It's about management. RGRPC has an incestual relationship with Friends and the town of Chama and it's not working. Everytime something doesn't go their way they stick their hand out and say it's a money thing. The whole set up there is a recipe for disaster and now looks like we got it.
Subject Author Posted

THERE'S NO MONEY RESPONSE

John Frank October 30, 2005 09:42AM

Gosh hind-sight sure is easy ! *NM*

Yosemite Sam October 30, 2005 10:31AM

Re: Gosh hind-sight sure is easy ! *LINK*

John Frank October 30, 2005 10:57AM

Re: Gosh hind-sight sure is easy !

Grumpy October 30, 2005 12:12PM

Asiago October 30, 2005 12:24PM

Grumpy October 30, 2005 01:31PM

With promotion and Advertising

John Frank October 30, 2005 01:45PM

Re: With promotion and Advertising

Just Me October 30, 2005 05:44PM

Re: THERE'S NO MONEY RESPONSE

rick b October 30, 2005 11:08AM

Crystal ball........

Yosemite Sam October 30, 2005 11:31AM

Re: Crystal ball........

Steve Singer October 30, 2005 12:51PM

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE

John Frank October 30, 2005 12:48PM

Re: THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE

danb October 30, 2005 09:56PM

SO NOW IT OH-SH-T TIME

John Frank October 30, 2005 01:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.