Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SUMPTER VALLEY WEEKEND - NO LOOP!

September 14, 2005 08:40PM
Keep in mind that this is being written AFTER the EBT report just put up (And I was actually at SVRY Labor day weekend and EBT the weekend after).
I had the fortune of spending two weekends in a row spending time on the country's two premier 3 footers, despite the fact that about 2500 miles seperates them.
Of course I'm a member of SVRY, but the 350+ mile commute makes service difficult. That's why my wife and I were quite happy to get three nights at the Depot Inn (the only local hotel), making an SV weekend easy.
My duties for the weekend involved the fire train. After an abortive first run with the large speeder (the engine blew up - and you really can coast a train all the way from Sumpter to McEwen)) the firetrain was then relegated to the small chaindrive Plymouth.
I greatly enjoyed learning to operate the engine even though there was no seat and the noise in the steel cab was deafening. I would gladly spend another 11 hours running it again....
I won't go into the sad details of number 19 and water and oil/ oil and water....... Never the less America's premier narrow guage line is full steam ahead. Come on out and visit us! (You might even want to come and say hi to Taylor...........)
Lon Wall
TimberTimes
PS - Saturday I'll be meeting with my laser cutter in preperation for the first series of Sumpter Valley HO scale kits.....What would you like to see?
Subject Author Posted

SUMPTER VALLEY WEEKEND - NO LOOP!

Lon Wall September 14, 2005 08:40PM

Re: SUMPTER VALLEY WEEKEND - NO LOOP!

dan September 15, 2005 07:35AM

Jerry September 15, 2005 09:11AM

J.B.Bane September 15, 2005 03:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.