Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

March 19,1928 PART II *PIC*

May 24, 2005 07:58PM
Teh second set of Uintah Railway log book pages for this date show the consist of the train as it was made up at Rainbow.
I can not figure out the numbering of the trains, as eash was usually #19 ,#20, or #22.
this page is a fine example of confusion on my part as #20 & #22 are marked at the top of the log (adding to this confusion and making me almost thing there were two cabooses number the same, is the "where left" column whish shows milepost 41????), but I assume that the caboose was number three, the same caboose that he train came to Rainbow with, and the smae caboose it starts out from Atchee with the next morning.
This log also has a "final destination" column, that usually matches the "where left" column, but in this case the final destination is different than where this train actually leaves the cars.
Eight flat cars and two box cars full of ore leave Rainbow on train #22 at 4:50PM (as noted at the bottom of the page) after being at Rainbow for an hour and thirty five minutes (long enough to drain tank car #019 and do the switching to the mines) along with the empty water car, and head down grade to Rainbow Junction, then up grade to Dragon.
My assumption is that he Where left column was wrong, and the final destination column shows the way the train was made up to Wendella (41) and then over the pass to Atchee (28).
Regular pay for a day was usually $6.80 - as seen in the equation to the right, another adder of 3.75 + 1.00 was added to this and then to the grand total at the top of the page.
Subject Author Posted

March 19,1928 PART II *PIC*

Rodger Polley May 24, 2005 07:58PM

Back at Atchee 9:25 PM *NM*

Rodger Polley May 24, 2005 09:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.