Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VIEW FROM THE HEADEND

September 05, 2000 09:13PM
VIEW FROM THE HEADEND 9-5-00
I want to first of all thank each and everyone of you who have been kind enough to send e-mails about my recent C&TSR story pursuant to the #463 rescue run to Antonito. This was a very special moment for me, as many of us had to pull extra duty to make Chris Skow’s special a success with the ailing #497. She, the #497, seems to feel much better now. I will continue to post these “special” moments on the web as long as you keep reading. I also write in a visual sense in order that you can better “taste” the moment since all of you cannot always be here to take part in this real time railroading experience.
The #497:
We have continued to fine-tune her running gear, and she has made several trips up to the summit and back without incident. The #497 has needed more time to break-in. Dr. Bob, as he is now being referred to, needs to return from his current R&R trip to Nevada and give the #497 a little TLC. This should take place over the weekend and next week.
Fall Riders:
Reservations are starting to come in for fall color trips. The local State Forest Service managers say this will be a great year for fall color, others say not. The colors are starting to turn at the higher elevations.
I know this is hard to believe for those of you sweltering in 100-plus degree heat in Texas. But then again, since mid-August, we have been sleeping under blankets here in Chama. Welcome to “Chama nights”, sounds like the title to a country western song. If you are too hot in Texas, Oklahoma, and/or Louisiana, head north to the C&TSR Country. We have plenty of room and lots of cool weather to go around.
Labor Day:
Crowds were great as we carried over 600 guests on Sunday, 9-3-00, and after than it fell to off as people had to return to work.
Thanks to everyone that reads this column. Stay cool wherever you are…
Edward M. McLaughlin
General Manager
C&TSR
Subject Author Posted

VIEW FROM THE HEADEND

Ed McLaughlin September 05, 2000 09:13PM

Re: VIEW FROM THE HEADEND

Pete Bellos September 06, 2000 08:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.