Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Placement of the CRF

October 24, 2004 11:00AM
Curiosity has gotten the best of me. I suppose I could just wait until I get to Antonito next spring but I'd like to know now.
Where is the CRF located? I have seen pictures showing it along side Narrow Gauge Street and Monte Vista. I have found one map showing Narrow Gauge Street but cannot find Monte Vista. Neither shows on the Friends walking tour map of the Antonito Yard. I'm assuming the the facility is slightly southeast of the loop.
Also, who will be responsible for trackage into the CRF and when will it be laid? I assume that there will need to be two switches, one off the loop track itself and one allowing two tracks into the facility.
The switch off the loop will need to be installed quickly so traffic will not be held up for a significant length of time. If this is not a huge expense, possibly that switch could be put in either now or early before the season actually starts in the spring with the rest being laid as time and money permits.
One other question; what are the plans for the two frameless tank cars and flats that have arrived on the property? Are they candidates for rehabilitation in the CRF?
Subject Author Posted

Placement of the CRF

John Sporseen October 24, 2004 11:00AM

This Should Help *PIC*

roger hogan October 24, 2004 11:18AM

Re: This Should Help

John Sporseen October 24, 2004 01:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.