Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So after we left the loop... *LINK* *PIC*

September 29, 2004 12:29AM
We headed to Golden and Tiny Town 15" gauge operations. I wound up working on the steamer at TT attempting to square it up a bit and show the engineer some tricks on Penberthy's etc.
Now for the interesting news. We followed the old South Park line and saw the Como roundhouse, Jefferson Depot, Fairplay Depot, and the interesting stuff at South Park City.
While at South Park, spoke with the gift shop people and a couple locals who inquired about our recent journey to the loop. Seems the CHS has been there and told them not to worry! That the loop will operate and tourists will still come out. I asked if they had ever ridden the loop. All nodded their heads. I asked what they thougt of the equipment they rode on. One lady said she remembered the conductor stating the locomotive came from South America. (#40) She said the train was nicely painted and the crew was very kind, but she loved the sound the engine made going up the hill.
Another man remembered riding behind a shay and has a video of which he really likes the pistons going up and down.
So I posed the question... what kind of railroad would the Georgetown loop be without that equipment running there?
Answer, but the state says the train will run there next year.
I stated that a train will operate there, just not the ones they rode behind.
Silence. When I told them some more of the details all agreed they should try to get up there and see it again.
So what is the CHS and others telling other communities about the loop? Lies! We had better set the record straight with these historical societies and business owners who make their livelihood on influxes of tourists who come to their state and county to see and ride and spend money! Do you want it to go away? If the new operation can only take 600 passengers a day and I did not make reservations and got turned away, do you think I will be back? What kind of equipment are you running? You mean the #12 is down(Kahalui) so you are running the Plymouth? BYE BYE...
Oh by the way, last Saturday at the loop another 1,870+ customers happilly served!
Jeff
Subject Author Posted

So after we left the loop... *LINK* *PIC*

Jeff Badger September 29, 2004 12:29AM

Re: Tiny Town

Steve Freer September 29, 2004 12:36PM

Re: Tiny Town *LINK*

Steve Freer September 29, 2004 12:37PM

Tiny Town Article *NM* *LINK*

Ed Kelley September 29, 2004 04:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.