Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C&TS ride........

September 20, 2004 10:03PM
Me and ten other family members rode the C&TS for the first time last week. I'm the only rail fan in the bunch, but we left we a few more than we came with. What an awsome job all of the C&TS employees and the Friends have done to keep this RR operating. Being historically minded, I must say that this is now my favorite roperating railroad. The old original equipment, structes, etc. make you feel like you really have stepped back in to time. A special tahnks to Carlos and his fellow engineer (forgot his name) who got my disabled five year old and me up into the cab for a photo or two at Osier. This really is a national treasure, and am confounded as to why there has not been more publicity on this railroad? NONE of my reletives had ever heard of the railroad before this trip, and most of them are 50+ years natives of the state. I am unaware of the C&TS marketing campaigne, but I believe there is alot being left on the table.
Anyway, just wanted to share my astonishment of how cool, and historic this operation is to all of you long time riders.................. and to all of you that have not ridden it yet, it will be a never forgotton memory so, please drag the wife / family/ neihbore to southwest Colorado / Nothern New Mexico.
Subject Author Posted

C&TS ride........

Rodger Polley September 20, 2004 10:03PM

Re: C&TS ride........

Greg Scholl September 21, 2004 08:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.