Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D&RGW Coaches, and engine rerailers

September 17, 2004 01:03PM
This is for Mike Trent and others, since the thread on all this has fallin off the page.
I watched the footage again, and in the so-called 66 and 67(last section of film we have), there appear to be at least 3 coaches on one train with vestibules that had boxes under the coaches. Two had vestibules on both ends, and one had a vestibule and platform, followed by an open gon(covered)on the rear. So this last car could well have been a private car.
Now all the rerailers were silver, except for the last shot on the reel, which shows 478 with yellow ones as it switches the yard, and has a coach behind the tender, and one of the business cars on the front being switched.
So, I am thinking that since we see yellow on this one engine, and the loop at Durango previously, that we may have footage from 1968 or 1969, as well as perhaps 1971. They did make a trip to the C&TS in 1971 as we have that footage as well.
My expert in Durango is getting a copy which should be there any day now, so we can clear up some things, or create more nightmares!!!
Thanks Mike and others for the historic bits and pieces.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

D&RGW Coaches, and engine rerailers

Greg Scholl September 17, 2004 01:03PM

The Alamosa , B-2 or B-3

Kevin Cook September 17, 2004 02:04PM

Re: The Alamosa , B-2 or B-3

Greg Scholl September 17, 2004 03:58PM

Re: D&RGW Coaches, and engine rerailers

Mike Trent September 17, 2004 08:35PM

Re: D&RGW Coaches, and engine rerailers

Greg Scholl September 18, 2004 09:14AM

Mike Trent September 18, 2004 10:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.