Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seeking resources for information on National Locomotive Works, Dawson & Bailey

February 18, 2024 11:05PM
With the interest writing a book on this subject, I'm seeking out anyone who may have potential resources, references and photos of locomotives built by National Locomotive works of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. National built locomotives throughout the 1870s, and was one of the key locomotive builders during the narrow gauge boom. Some of the most prominent were 5 that operated on the South Park in Colorado, 1 on the Colorado Central and the 3 from the Wasatch & Jordan Valley that later ended up on the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railway. I have been in contact with a few museums, archives and individuals who have some resources available, and also have an incomplete builders list, newspaper references, but now wanted to reach out and see if anyone out there may have items in their personal collections that they may be willing to share.

I'll include this photo from my personal collection of Springfield, Jackson & Pomeroy #1 "Bluebird" Built in 1877
11252023212341(1).jpg
Subject Author Posted

Seeking resources for information on National Locomotive Works, Dawson & Bailey Attachments

MatthewM February 18, 2024 11:05PM

Re: Seeking resources for information on National Locomotive Works, Dawson & Bailey

Fuzzy Money February 21, 2024 07:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login