Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nostalgia at SVRR

February 16, 2024 01:34PM avatar
This shot from the SVRR Archive was probably taken in the late 1980's or very early 90's. SVRR has always been pretty family friendly for our volunteers as evidenced by long time member Jeff Chittick giving these two young boys a speeder ride. A few things in the photo of note. The tank house has not yet been set over the steel replacement water tank. The original wood stave tank was not serviceable I guess and so a surplus underground tank from a service station was adapted for the purpose. It is what we still use. The car on the ground behind Jeff and the boys is SVRy Refer Car #3. It sits over along the side of the restoration shop as storage. It would be cool to see it restored, but I understand that it would end up being mainly a pattern for a recreation. The gasoline tank up on blocks was replaced in the mid-2000's with an approved double wall duplex tank for gas and diesel. I assume that motor car is the former White Pass speeder that has been fully restored in recent years. Looking on the right in the back ground is a snow plow blade that is now mounted to the front of a former White Pass side dump car frame to use as needed for our Christmas trains or other winter events. The big flywheel is that of a Skinner steam engine that is presently on lone to the mining museum at Sumpter. Yes, the bluish forklift is the one we still use today, though repainted thankfully.
img5768 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Nostalgia at SVRR Attachments

J.B.Bane February 16, 2024 01:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login