Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An Opinion

December 31, 2023 09:46AM
As a 'lurker' on this forum, the recent threads "There is a thread on RYPN", "C&TS Business Manage Scandal, Perjury and Malfeasance". "Tommy Campos Is Not Guilty", "NGDF Posts and Insensitivity" I find very disturbing. I also find the NGDF responses to these threads disturbing in that a forum is supposed to be a platform for open discussion. The first thread I quoted is locked, apparently because someone made a comment that seems to have upset someone pretty badly. However, the statement of "...you can't find people that want to work, and those that do can't pass a drug screen." was made to me 4 or 5 years ago by a resident of Chama. So to me, nothing new, and IMHO not a reason to lock a thread. That statement fits many areas of the country.

As for the allegations and law suit, based solely on what I have read here, the fact that the suit was filed indicates to me there is validity in what has been alleged. How much, I have no first hand experience and am making no judgement either way. I find the letter that was received by a prospective employee quite disheartening, in that it clearly states discriminatory hiring practices.

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION the solution is to fire EVERY ONE INVOLVED with a 'do not rehire' on the personnel file and hire all new based on QUALIFICATIONS, not locality, ethnicity, or any other prejudicial qualification. Is it the remote location that shies folks away or the 'gut feeling' they get when talking to management and potential coworkers? I personally have walked away from employment due to a negative aura exuded by the hiring staff.

Tommy Campo, may or may not be guilty....still. The fact that the charges were dropped only states that the prosecution didn't have sufficient evidence to move forward. In my home town I have seen folks that the entire community felt were guilty of a given crime (charged multiple times) that walked free due to lack of evidence. Guilt or not IS decided in the court of law, however every individual has the right to disagree in their personal beliefs.

I was planning a trip to C&TS for the fall foliage, but I doubt I will support the RR until something is done to rectify the current situation. And that does not include sweeping it under the rug. I wonder how many other potential 'rail fans' will feel as I do? The current status didn't just 'pop up'. It apparently has been going on for a considerable time. and seems to be the business model.
Subject Author Posted

An Opinion

narrowgauge December 31, 2023 09:46AM

Re: An Opinion

UPHogger December 31, 2023 11:22AM

dave2-8-0 December 31, 2023 12:47PM

12bridge December 31, 2023 01:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.