Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLEASE, NO RESPONSE TO THIS MESSAGE

August 14, 2004 07:38AM
As I was going to sleep last night, something started to bug me. A couple of months ago I misspelled Uintah in a post about the SV Mallets. The incorrect spelling, Unitah, was pointed out to me in the title of a response to my post.
I taught for thirty-seven years and consider myself more than competant in spelling and grammar usage. My problem is with my typing skills where I often reverse letters or numbers. Maybe I'm a little dyslexic. When necessary I use spell and grammar checkers but do not consider that necessary in the NGDF.
I will never correct anybodys spelling or grammar and I seriously doubt the the seven gentlemen who support this forum think it is important. I am only involved because I enjoy the topic but did not know much about it. Before joing the NGDF my only knowledge had been when I read Beebe and Clegg's "Narrow Gauge in the Rockies" and Mallory Hope Farrells excellent book on the Sumpter Valley.
At 65 and retired I simply want to spend a number of years riding these railroads and not worry abvout whether or not my spelling is perfect or not.
AGAIN, PLEASE NO RESPONSE (unless you are one of the seven who support this site and email me directly)
Subject Author Posted

PLEASE, NO RESPONSE TO THIS MESSAGE

John Sporseen August 14, 2004 07:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.