Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cumbres Progress

February 27, 2004 12:52PM
Thought I should tell you that all your pictures so far have helped a lot in unlocking some of the mysteries of Cumbres. If you find more let me know because every one fills in one spot and reveals just how ignorant we are about another. Such is research.
My question to day reguards the Job of Car Inspector. Was Cumbres the only pass with one or was there one at the top of Marshall pass or LeVeta pass? There are some strange things also as there are no stories attributed to the person that filled the job. My understanding is that the last one was some time in the 1930's. Can't remember where I read that. It is also strange that the Railroad inventory drawings do not show the exact but only "Approx" location of the building and do not show the outhouse (a two holer) pr the well house near the back of the building. They do show a "stand pipe" back behind the house. In the early days when the pumphouse was in active service I know a line is shown from the water tank line to the Section house but I don't see such a notation concerning the Car inspectors house. (Maybe they used a bucket. Did the car inspector hae a wife and family?
Just things to ponder. John Templeton, do your records give us any clues?
Frank
Subject Author Posted

Cumbres Progress

Frank Martindell February 27, 2004 12:52PM

Re: Cumbres Progress

John Templeton-Chama Station Agent March 01, 2004 03:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.