Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FUN day on the C&TSRR ( The Thank You Train )

October 21, 2003 11:05AM
The thank you train from Chama to Antonito yesterday was awesome. I believe the count called in to Osier for lunches was 195 this included all the employees their families and invited guests. Train crews took turns working I think each worked 1 of 4 sections then they were riders of the thank you train.
Mom & Dad and the kids smiling and laughing it was fun to watch. Grilled steaks & chicken and all the fixings plus lots of deserts at Osier.................thankyou3.jpg...............
Employees individually were called up and given a C&TSRR watch & told there will be a bonus included on there next check..........thankyou4.jpg............. A funny skit and fun gifts given out by Allen Loomis. Between Osier & Antonito lots & Lots of additional gifts given. A drawing on the train these we supplied by merchants. The Railroad commission & Mt. View & Osier Kitchen & all paid railroad employees were and are looked at as part of the C&TSRR family.
One of the highlights was a Special Gift for our General Manager ( Kim ). The building shook with the laughter and applause: A Custom Pink Engineer hat with jeweled tiara on top. Everybody agreed this piece of original artwork would end up hanging in a railroad museum some day.....................................thankyou1.jpg....................................
Commission Malnar just before all aboard was called basically said he was looking forward to seeing everybody at next years thank you train.
Lots of talk on the train just before Antonito about how everybody was looking forward to next years thank you train. I also was pleasently surprised at how many C&TSRR watches were on peoples belt loop, shirt or jacket button hole.
IMHO: This was US not them & they. Barbara & I are looking forward to next years train.
................................................A very good day for our railroad.........aatrainsignature.gif
Subject Author Posted

roger hogan October 21, 2003 11:05AM

Congratulations To All....

Herb Kelsey October 21, 2003 03:10PM

Re: FUN day on the C&TSRR ( The Thank You Train )

Rich Muth October 21, 2003 06:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.