Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CRRM Dad's day weekend steamup - pic

June 18, 2007 03:22PM avatar
It pays to raise a child "properly". :-) For years, I made father and son vacation trips with my now 24 YO son to narrow gauge country. I always tried to make sure that we did some things he wanted, while still riding and chasing trains and exposing him to steam railroading. He enjoyed the trips, but slowly lost interest as sports, college and fraternity activities all stole the show. But the seed was planted, and he's back now with a vengeance and turning into a steam fanatic in his own right.

What all of this leads up to is his taking me to the RR Museum for last weekend's steam-up as part of my dad's day present. As far as he was concerned it was a "must do". What goes around comes around, as now he's taking ME along. Awww, poor me.

It was nice to see 40 back under steam, as I last saw her under much sadder circumstances on the last day of GTL operations. I was also pleased to see Goose #2. Since being exposed to all of this stuff, my son's fiancee has become fascinated by the goose, and this was her first time seeing one in operation. Big smiles there.

A big thanks to all of the CRRM volunteers for all of the hard work a weekend like this takes. Nothing requires more work than making things look effortless, and that's just how things looked. My hat's off to all of you.

I'll break the images up in deference to dialup folks.

40 just beyond "No Agua"

Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 03:28PM by Scott Turner.
Subject Author Posted

CRRM Dad's day weekend steamup - pic

Scott Turner June 18, 2007 03:22PM

Re: CRRM Dad's day weekend steamup - pic 2

Scott Turner June 18, 2007 03:24PM

Re: CRRM Dad's day weekend steamup - pic 3

Scott Turner June 18, 2007 03:25PM

Re: CRRM Dad's day weekend steamup - pic 3

Jim June 18, 2007 06:33PM

Re: CRRM Dad's day weekend steamup - pic

Gus June 18, 2007 10:29PM

Re: CRRM Dad's day steamup

Dave Schaaf June 19, 2007 01:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login