Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks to the Lord.

DvV
April 04, 2003 08:21PM
Hi,
This is off topic and if it is desired to be deleted, feel free to do so.
As some know, May, 25, 2000 I had a golf ball sized tumor removed from next to my brain and I lost my pituitary gland. The golf ball sized tumor had pinched the optic nerve and I'd lost part of my vision. The tumor was around the carotid artery. Several doctors from the eye doctor that first diagnosed it to the neuro surgeon who removed it said that if it had ruptured (and it was close to it) it would have killed me. It apparently been growing for anywhere from 15-20 years and the only plus was that this type were 99% of the time non-cancerous.
Surgery removed all but a few pieces of tumor around the arteries. 6 weeks of radiation (not chemo-therapy) were used to kill the remaining bits of tumor that could not be removed surgically.
A few weeks ago I went back for a follow up MRI. I just had peripheral vision test today.
Both the nerosurgeon and the eye doctor say that it is amazing and miraculious that there is no sign of the tumor.
In fact the MRI radiologist did not even know I had a tumor removed!!!!! Both doctors said that recovery to pre-surgical results are almost never seen. There is always some sort of trace of the tumor. No trace in the eye tests!!!!!!
I am so releaved about this worry, I just had to shout it out.
Sorry about the off topic message.
Doug vV
Subject Author Posted

Thanks to the Lord.

DvV April 04, 2003 08:21PM

Re: Thanks to the Lord.

Jay Wimer April 04, 2003 08:51PM

Adam Wright April 04, 2003 11:28PM

deadwoodjim April 05, 2003 04:10PM

Re: Thanks to the Lord. *LINK*

K28DRGW April 05, 2003 07:40PM

Grant Houston April 06, 2003 11:17AM

William Reed April 06, 2003 06:23PM

Herb Kelsey April 08, 2003 03:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.