Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Memory Of Allen J. Brewster

March 01, 2003 12:45PM
Today I received word that my long time friend Allen Brewster passed away on December 26, 2002.
For those of you who did not know Allen, He can best be remembered for all the narrow gauge drawings published in "Model Railroad Magazine."
He did the D&RGW-RGS K-27, two part feature which were in issue March 1973 (pp 58) and June 1973 (pp28). Also the 30' D&RGW stock car for November 1972 (pp 54) and D&RGW caboose June 1970 (pp44).
I first became acquainted with Allen in the days of High School at Gallup, NM. Not sure how He knew I was interested in the Colorado narrow gauge, but one day invited me to come by his home after school. Down in the basement was a medium size HO scale model railroad layout under construction. His Dad was an Engineer for the Santa Fe RR, and the two of them were attemtping to model a steel mill operation. Before moving to Gallup, the family lived near the Kaiser Steel plant in Fontana, California. Most of the sturctures were being made by "scratch," from cardboard, balsa strip wood, wire, brass tubing, etc. The track was also being "hand laid."
Allen wrote a personal-recollection piece on train rides with his late Father, a Santa Fe engineer, in February 1986 issue of "Trains Magazine."
The past few years He lived in Waukesha, WI and his interests were in On3 models of logging railroads. Trips were made back to New Mexico in the summer, always checking to see how the narrow gauge was running, etc.
Subject Author Posted

In Memory Of Allen J. Brewster

Ron welch March 01, 2003 12:45PM

Re: In Memory Of Allen J. Brewster

Rick Steele March 03, 2003 05:44PM

Sorry I never met him. *NM*

Grant Houston March 04, 2003 05:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.