Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CTSRR Commision Meeting

December 09, 2002 06:30PM
Had a client with a problem so I missed the meeting itself but got a good rundown from Vernon Glover and Dan Pyzel after the morning session, before they went into executive session. Spent the afternoon covering the move of the tenders down to the tail of the wye.
Frankly what actually HAPPENS at these meetings is about as dull as dirt. It's what happens LATER that is interesting. I'll wait for Vernon to make his in-depth report.
We have four candidates:
Scenic II
Texas Railroad Consortium
RGRPC
Jerry Fisher
RFP responses will be released to the public later this week. I will not bust my butt to get them on the internet until The Friends publish them.
The Commission will make a decision later on who gets the needle in the eye.
REAL news: The Commission will run out of money in February, but hopes to get the EDA grant money by then so they can continue work on locomotives.
They HAVE started engineering studies on Windy Point track work.
The Commission's quest for two new employees demonstrates their admission that they need some help with REAL railroad expertise. If they are actually going to start taking a proactive role in managing the property, they need someone who knows HOW to manage it. A SMART move.
There is a recognition on the part of the Commission that New Mexico is willing to go it alone. The Commission has been involved in NM legislative meetings. This COULD be the best news we've heard in months.
Yeah, there is some stuff floating around about a 'seat tax' and 'revenue sharing'. Not a bad idea, but not the real news of the day, either. Let's see where it goes.
Subject Author Posted

CTSRR Commision Meeting

Jay Wimer December 09, 2002 06:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.