Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A video could be a nice tool!

June 21, 2002 01:38PM
It just occured to me that some form of a video aimed at the politicians might be handy. The old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words might apply here.
What I am thinking about is a specially made brief history and benefits of the railroad. I have some 50's and 60's footage, plus some 1971 first year footage, and plenty in between that I would be willing to edit IF someone thought this was worthwhile.
The key would be a good script(by someone from the railroad perhaps), that could be narrated with images to reinforce the points.
I know I have a lot of memories and experiences from when I was a boy riding the narrow gauge(even before C&TS), and without this great railroad think of all the other youngster who would not get that same opportunity. THAT is worth a lot, in addition to all the economic benefits we all know spin from the C&TS!
If this idea has any merit, someone at the RR or Friends let me know after. After July 1st I might be free to work on it in cooperation with the railroad or Friends. I could edit it here as my donation, and present it in a format for TV, and VHS for direct mail. I see something 5-15 minutes in length perhaps. Again just a thought as it might be a nice supplement to the letter campaign, or to possible fundraising folks.
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

A video could be a nice tool!

Greg Scholl June 21, 2002 01:38PM

Re: A video could be a nice tool!

Bob Yarger June 21, 2002 01:51PM

O.Anderson June 22, 2002 09:44AM

Frank Martindell June 22, 2002 10:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.