Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Antonito Meeting

May 24, 2002 01:50AM
Great results. Our railroad I think now has a positive, and exciting relationship with Alamosa, Antonito & Chama. Something over 80 people attended and I believe all or at least 90% left feeling like YES now lets all work together and not only get things fixed but make everything successful. People left in my opinion thinking yes this can work.
So many people to thank. I can't stay up all night typing names but here are a few. All the help from Alamosa, city fathers of Antonito, county commissioners. Chama city fathers, our mayor and 2 council members were there and showed 100% support, Chama's chamber, Alamosa's chamber & Antonito's chamber.
After the meeting the first meeting of the new Advisory board convened to start getting organized. John Swartz RR commissioner, The member of the Friends BOD who will be on the advisory board hasn't been chosen yet so was not present. The Mayor of Antonito also couldn't make it but committed not to miss any other meetings, Keith Ewing from Antonito, Marjie Miller from Alamosa, Nacho ?? from Alamosa, Bob Zorn & Roger Hogan from Chama. We voted Mr. Zorn as the Chairman & the 1st thing we are starting to work on tomorrow is an advertising campaign to try to overcome the bad press about the railroad & the first part of our season. The 3 chambers will be working on this project together.
I am sorry I am just to tired for any more at this time but hope to get more information out tomorrow.
One more time thanks to all who put so much effort into this.
Subject Author Posted

Antonito Meeting

roger hogan May 24, 2002 01:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.