Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An Apology

May 08, 2002 11:12PM
The Narrow Gauge Discussion Group is an important
voice for Narrow Gauge Preservation.There are so many opinions on whats right and wrong.But what all boils down to is many of us just want to see
this equipment preserved.I think we all want to see a piece of the rocky mountain west survive.
That is why I want to personally apologize mainly to my fellow shop employees at the D&S for accusing them of being "not at all interested in
historical integrity of the equipment".
Our shop force has a job to do and in many cases
because the D&S is a for profit business there is no time to do these historic embilishments to the locomotives.And you don't always have to have a
"rail fan" to want to add something historic
to a piece of equipment.Many of my fellow emloyees
do care about the equipment.Not just the rail fans
employed there.
We all can't be fans,but that does not mean that
my fellow employees do bad work for we have a fine
and dedicated work force.In fact this company has
some great people to work with.Very,very dedicated.So I apologize If I said anything harsh against my fellow shop employees.Anyone who knows me knows I'm not that type of person.
Regarding anything said regarding management,I have never wantingly steped out of line.No matter how you slice it they make the decisions.The folks
who post regularly on the discussion group ,some not all seem to make this into an argument web site rather than a place of prase or excitement
about whats happening in the world of narrow gauge.If we visit this web site what should be our main reason for doing so,think about it.
In closing I said a little too much regarding the "outfit car".Please guys this is not the rumor mill web site.I would suggest that you try to get your information on ex rio grande equipment from somone else.
Subject Author Posted

An Apology

Eric Dowty May 08, 2002 11:12PM

Re: An Apology

Herb Kelsey May 10, 2002 01:24PM

Josh McNeal May 10, 2002 06:04PM

Re: Railfans, 'volunteers' etc.

jaybawb May 10, 2002 11:36PM

Grant Houston May 13, 2002 08:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.