Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nevada Central #2 a.k.a Emma Nevada Update

December 27, 2010 11:19PM avatar
Here is this months update on the restoration of Nevada Central #2 a.k.a Emma Nevada.

We completed the dimensions of the brake levers. The brake cylinder is bolted in place. Now that the cylinder is in place we can put in new air pipes and fittings. A lot of the piping and components that were on the tender was taken off and never put back when Ward rebuilt the tender. So that means when we are all finish with the tender brakes all the piping, cylinders, levers etc is going to be new.

We are still looking for a company who can pressure treat the floor joints for the S.P. Keeler Water Tank.

I have been reading my copy of Nevada Central Sagebrush Narrow Gauge by Mallory Hope Ferrell. An I like it a lot so if you haven't picked up a copy yet . GO GET ONE!!!! It's that good.grinning smiley

Here is a pic of Emma's driving rods. They are beat up and rusty. Ward never replaced them, but he did paint them so he can cover the rust. But we all know your not post to do that. After taking the paint off we found a stamped that say's STEEL B.L.W. (Baldwin) and date 11/2/16 (1916).
Drive rod pin_3431.jpg
Here is a pic of the S.P. Keeler Water Tank.
Bill Leukhardt points to work on Joists.jpg
A pic of the cover of Nevada Central Sagebrush Narrow Gauge
ncsng.jpg
We put a S.P. Narrow Gauge Sign out side Grizzly Flats Barn.
SouthernPacificLines sign_3343 small.jpg
Last pic is a funny one of Ward & Emmasmiling bouncing smiley
Ward & Emma.jpg

I just Wanna say that the Knott's Dinner Train was outstanding.thumbs up.I can't wait for the next Dinner Train. Thank You and Good Job to Jason Von Horn, Jeff Taylor,and the rest of the Knott's Steam Crew.

Hope you enjoy the update!
Carlos Brito
Nevada Central #2 Steam Crew member
Orange Empire Railway Museum.

I wanna make note that this update is my personal update. Not a museum update.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 08:02PM by CBrito1690.
Subject Author Posted

Nevada Central #2 a.k.a Emma Nevada Update Attachments

CBrito1690 December 27, 2010 11:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login