Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG...Yet but I need a color sample

October 22, 2010 02:13PM
Now I have an area on my D&RGW model railroad BUT I cant pick a color for the ground in the area. Now I wanna find a dark brown. Something like you see on the Cumbres and Toltec near mud tunnel, or the area I recall riding through on the Durango and Silverton at about the wye used for the winter excursions. Now I also took a trip on the Sugar Pine Railroad years ago and the color of the dirt there was also very Mountainy as my friend calls it. The point of such a dark brown would be to match the pine trees. Now the scene wont be based on anything in particular but it basically includes two sets of tracks running through it and one includes a 3% grade and the other has a bridge just parralel to the first one. It almost has a logging theme to it, and I thought the scenery from the Sugar pine would be typical for it. Now my main question to this problem is does anyone have any pictures that capture those areas that might have an area without any erosion[(plants) sorry if I used the wrong word). Also if maybe someone had a typical paint number or color I could pick up at a retail store(Homedepot, Lowes, Walmart, Shermin Williams, ect.). It would be much appritiate.

From JJreel
Subject Author Posted

NNG...Yet but I need a color sample

JJreel October 22, 2010 02:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login