Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trestle Donations

October 19, 2010 01:22PM avatar
Rather than post into the PayPal squabble thread, I'm posting my suggestion here.

I was a newbee volunteer on the C&TS in 2009, working on caboose 0503 in June of that year. It was a great experience and makes me wish I'd started volunteering years ago (damn jobs...) and I fully intended to return this year and every year thereafter until I could no longer hold a hammer or a paint brush.

This year, however, I ended up needing back surgery and my Dr. said that goin' and workin' on the railroad was really not a good idea this summer. That was all coming down this spring, and I figured oh well, what the hell, there's always next year. Then came the fire.

Since I was unable to volunteer this year, I instead sent my $65 fee to the trestle fund, money that I would have spent anyway if I had not been laid up. (Oh, and I sent it as a check directly to the Friends Office and got a nice thank you letter and a pin).

Might I suggest that any of you who have missed volunteer seasons for one reason or another - even if it was a few years ago - follow my lead and send what you would have spent to help rebuild the trestle? You would have paid it anyway.

My 2/100's of a dollar (on top of my other $64 and 8/10th).
Subject Author Posted

Trestle Donations

Chris James October 19, 2010 01:22PM

Re: Trestle Donations

Brian Norden October 19, 2010 10:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login