Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Swan Songs of Central City - Part 1

March 30, 2023 08:34PM
I posted the first of a several part series I have been working on to chronicle the history of the C&Sng displays and restorations in Central City. This is a portion of a larger project I've been working on for some time.

I've tried to research what happened from the decline of Central City's fortunes as particularly reflected in its famous Opera House and later abandonment of train service through its acquisition of C&S locomotive 71, gondola 4319, and combine 20 and onto the two tourist routes that came and went in town.

I will post it in several parts. This first segment deals with the rise and fall of the Opera House and the railroad's involvement in those ups and downs. The Opera House's eventual revival led to a push to acquire an old time narrow gauge train for display.

I'm hoping some of you will enjoy hearing the story, but I am also sharing in hopes to learn more. I would be happy to receive any information that my readers, especially those involved with rail restoration work in Central City, may have to add to, adjust, or correct the content.

Enjoy,
Kurt
RH-387.jpeg
1932 opening night with passengers who rode the last Clear Creek passenger run to Black Hawk
Subject Author Posted

The Swan Songs of Central City - Part 1 Attachments

Kurt Maechner March 30, 2023 08:34PM

Re: The Swan Songs of Central City - Part 1

Jeff Terry March 31, 2023 05:13PM

JohnM March 31, 2023 06:54PM

Kurt Maechner April 01, 2023 04:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login