Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question for the experts.

January 13, 2002 01:22PM
I addition to my uncertainty about whether that small two story house up the hill at Osier was a toll house (see picture and posts below), I have another Osier question.
John Norwood also told me that he thought that another turntable preceeded the 1888 to 1927 50' covered Keystone one next to the depot. He said that he thought it was where the present day stock pens are. It was probably not covered.
I think that before the current stock pens were built in 1936 that there was only a chute at that same location. I don't know when it was built, but probably much later than 1888. The forest did not allow open grazing until about 1935.
Norwood's reasoning was that the RR had to be able to turn helper engines at Osier between 1880 and 1888. Also he vaguely remembers some old timers telling him about it.
The Square Nail Gang hopes to begin work on restoring the pens this summer (who would like to see a stock shipment of cattle some day?). Maybe we could find the remains of that other turntable! That is, if it had a stone foundation like the newer one.
Subject Author Posted

Question for the experts.

Sam March January 13, 2002 01:22PM

Not an expert, but....

Rick Steele January 15, 2002 08:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.