Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D&S Locomotive Trim &Needleton Tank

January 12, 2002 01:31AM
Refering to the gentleman regarding D&S locomotive silver trim and Needleton Tank restoration.First of all how much is too much silver paint.What is a good trim color.Unfortunatily silver trim on especially D&RGW steam has at least since 1940 been silver.Looking back before that the trim color was white but not on say cylinder covers etc.
I'm not much of a silver trim myself but what do you use? A change has been made regarding smokeboxes and fireboxes.Graphite,real hand mixed custom paint.I use six small dixie cups of graffite in gloss black with three cups of silver
to begin to bring out the graffite color.I think
you'll like the color.The 480 is sporting a black
number plate with no silver trim which was common
on most of the narrow gauge freight power.I like to see them mixed up a little just as it was.Not all locomotive clones.That's what makes the engines look historic and not "touristy"Not every K-28 had silver trim around the number plates and that was a shop decision,"to silver or not to silver"that is the question. Regarding Needleton Tank it is still to be restoredIt has special funding since it under the national register of historic structures.It has been shored up last spring.
Subject Author Posted

D&S Locomotive Trim &Needleton Tank

Eric Dowty January 12, 2002 01:31AM

Re: D&S Locomotive Trim &Needleton Tank

Mike Trent January 12, 2002 04:48AM

Re: D&S Locomotive Trim &Needleton Tank *PIC*

Jessica Stacey January 15, 2002 07:45AM

Re: D&S Locomotive Trim &Needleton Tank

Jim Adams January 16, 2002 03:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.