Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ouray Branch / Cerro Summit traffic

August 08, 2022 12:37PM
Hi all!

May be a bit far fetched but I am doing some research on the D&RGW Ouray Branch and the operations between Montrose and Cimarron (specifically in the early to mid 1940s) and I have a couple questions I was hoping some of you more knowledgeable than me might be able to answer. This is for a possible future model railroad project.

1. What sorts of on-line customers were there on the Ouray Branch (especially in Ouray) and between Montrose and Cimarron, besides the stock movements and the RGS interchange? What I mean by this is who was taking or shipping loads by rail on these stretches, and what were they getting or sending out? Any stand-out traffic that was being carried over these stretches at this time?

2. The June, 1944 temporary passenger train between Montrose and Gunnison - which end did it originate from? I assume it was operated once each direction daily as a turn during that time period (anyone know the exact start and end date?). I assume this train was run as an extra but probably given some sort of priority.

That's what I can think of for the moment. I greatly appreciate any input any of you may have.

Dan Lindfors
Chaska, MN
Subject Author Posted

Ouray Branch / Cerro Summit traffic

DVL1994 August 08, 2022 12:37PM

Re: Ouray Branch / Cerro Summit traffic

John K August 08, 2022 04:50PM

Re: Ouray Branch / Cerro Summit traffic

tomc August 09, 2022 07:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login