Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Iron Horse Roundup Images

September 12, 2021 02:05PM
I've compiled my photos and video from the Victorian Iron Horse Roundup into a YouTube Program. You can see it here:

Many years ago, I thought that the Narrow Gauge Tourist Railroads were a stagnant breed in the world of Railroad Preservation, since by nature, they were isolated and were comprised entirely of captive service equipment. Then came Dan Markoff, who not only acquired and painstakingly restored an ancient hulk into what we now know as the fabulous 'Eureka', but shared it with the world through visits to the C&TS and D&S. This has been followed by the Durango Historical Society with the 315, the Glenbrook from the Nevada State Railroad Museum, the Slim Princess, and the Rio Grande Southern 20.

With the exception of the Union Pacific and Big Boy tours, Amtrak and the Class I's have pretty much ended the glory days of mainline steam excursions. However, the tourist railroads are continuing to thrive and re-invent their product. Hosting visiting steam locomotives is a great way to create a major event. Since Narrow Gauge locomotives lend themselves to easier highway transport, they are taking full advantage of this, and it's fun to watch.

I look forward to the day when the Emma Nevada, the newly recreated RGS #1, and a few others can add to this entourage. Perhaps soon we can see the Eureka on the East Broad Top!
Subject Author Posted

My Iron Horse Roundup Images

Hadder September 12, 2021 02:05PM

Re: My Iron Horse Roundup Images

Dan Markoff September 12, 2021 04:41PM

Re: My Iron Horse Roundup Images Attachments

Hadder September 15, 2021 12:32PM

Re: My Iron Horse Roundup Images

et&wnc September 15, 2021 12:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login