Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

c&TS Ticket Prices and web site info

July 10, 2010 03:46PM
The other day Roger posted a link to the web site for news,etc.
Today I checked some of the schedule and prices, and was shocked by the ticket prices to ride the NORMAL trainride. Chama-Osier RT $75.00. One way trips with motorcoach ARE $91.00. Now I realize the lunch is included but that was COACH fare. Has anyone been told there is a recession of sorts going on? Now that Lobato trestle is not being used, the train trip is 14 miles shorter each direction, yet there seems to be no reduction in fares. The other day there were about 70 people on the train leaving Cumbres.
Would it not be more prudent to reduce the fare for the Chama(Cumbres) to Osier segments since you are getting at least an hour less time on the train! I don't know my mileposts that well, but I know it takes no longer than 1 hour to go from Cumbres to Osier, each way. So thats $75.00 for a 2-hr train ride!!! Seems a bit steep to me. If I ride oneway across the whole line its $91.00, but its now only 50 miles. So what do you do ride the bus from Cumbres to Chama, then get on another bus to go back to Antonito?
I did notice they have mentioned the Cinder Bear trains will go to Lobato, but I do not see mention of this shortened train ride on the web site, but perhaps I missed it.
In addition, just for kicks I decided to click on a reservation shopping cart, and each time I clicked Coach fare it came back Not Available. Tried three different trips.
I think since the situation has changed, they might consider making this segment that includes the west side of Osier a different price structure. Otherwise the people who want to pay $75.00 to get the most train ride would ride from Antonito every time!
Any thoughts on all this?
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

c&TS Ticket Prices and web site info

Greg Scholl July 10, 2010 03:46PM

Re: c&TS Ticket Prices and web site info

Fritz Klinke July 10, 2010 05:04PM

Dave Boyer July 10, 2010 05:09PM

Chris Webster July 10, 2010 08:40PM

Dave Boyer July 10, 2010 08:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login